Northern Ireland Horse Board Equine Passport
- Suitable for animals with no recorded breeding /pedigree.
- Any UK/Northern Ireland resident can apply.
- A 15 digit ISO microchip must be implanted in the animal.
- The fee for the passport is £35 for NIHB members or £60 for non-members.
- Application forms are available from the NIHB office.
- Guidelines on completing the application form can be found HERE
Irish Horse Register Passports, Registrations & Updates
If you wish to apply for an Irish Horse Register passport please contact:
Horse Sport Ireland
Tel: 00353 45 850 800
Rules: Studbook Rules
IHR Change of Ownership for the United Kingdom
UK residents can update the ownership details on an Irish Horse Register passport through the NIHB office, see HERE for more information. This service is only available for UK, all other transfer of ownership applications must be sent to Horse Sport Ireland
How do I become a member of the Northern Ireland Horse Board?
To join the NIHB please complete the membership application form. Once completed please return the form to the NIHB office along with the fee of £30.00
Some Member Benefits
- Discounted rates on foal registrations and other services.
- Free access to CapallOir up to a fair usage limit.
- A copy of the IHR Stallion Book
- A copy of the twice yearly breeders magazine
How do I renew my NIHB Membership?
To renew your NIHB membership it costs £25, please complete the membership renewal form and post it to our office or alternatively visit the NIHB office.
If you have any queries please contact the office on 028 38 343355 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to make a formal complaint please follow the procedure outlined HERE
Our Terms & Conditions
Click HERE to view our terms and conditions.
NIHB office opening hours & Contact Information
Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 1.00pm
Northern Ireland Horse Board
The Meadows Equestrian Centre
Telephone: 028 38 343355